Saturday, May 02, 2009

Family Update




photos by Kara Jo Photography

These are our new family pictures. One of my friends from the ward is a photographer and she took them for us. We LOVE them! we think they are totally fitting for our TN. family photos. A little update on our family... Josh just finished his 1st year of Optometry school! Yesss!!! 3 more to go. We really can NOT believe that it's been a whole year! He worked super hard and did great. It was kinda a hard transition for him b/c he'd been done with BYU for almost 2 years b/f starting optometry school.-- We're really starting to enjoy TN. and are enjoying our house more and more as we have been doing updates on it. It's been fun to learn how to do handy man stuff. --The "world games" are this summer in Berlin and Josh wants to make the track team. You make the team same as you do for the olympics, top 3 americans from the U.S. nationals go. His coach is in Utah, and there are some good BYU guys for him to train with as well. so, we're spending the summer in utah. He's only run one race this season (and did GREAT, won with a good time) and has his 2nd race tonight! It will be broadcast on http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view/234940-2009-payton-jordan-cardinal-invite. Good luck Josh!!! Millie's doing great, and is around the 90% for her age. We're working on getting her to sleep longer (usual is about 7 hrs.) the doc. says just ignor her and let her cry it out. That makes me feel sad so I haven't done that yet. Feel free to leave any suggestions you have for us. I'm staying busy doing a whole lot of nothing (ie. cleaning dog hair out of crevices in out house that was left behind by the previous owners, maybe taking a shower and getting dressed, and all sorts of other "important" things)... but I am looking forward to doing lots of running, cooking and projects over the summer while I have helpers to watch Millie!

10 comments:

meghannamarie said...

does this mean you will be at the reunion? I hope so it will be so fun to see you and to see the baby she is so cute in the pictures I am so sure she will be too cute in person!

The Bailey's said...

Whit~
Check out this website from The Parenting Magazine.
http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Health/Baby-Sleep-Quiz-1202759440791/10

I couldn't stand to let Isabel cry herself to sleep, she just cried harder the longer she cried. This method worked great after about a week or so, and then working on naps was lots easier. Now she is such an amazing sleeper. She tells us when she wants to go night-night and she goes down soooo easily almost all the time. I know it is so hard, but it will get better! Let me know if you have any questions, or can't view that webpage:)

Melanie said...

The pictures are really cute.

Good Luck on your races Josh.

I am a little jealous that you will get to spend the summer in Utah. Just a little.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Your fam pics are fabulous! I LOVE them! We're going to be in Utah for the summer too! How about a little get together at The Bombay House?!

Bonnie said...

I love your family pictures! They are great! Have fun in UT! and maybe we can meet up in Nashville sometime this fall! Oh and when I did the whole cry to sleep thing with Brooke it was kind of awful, but it did work. I would go in and check on her and make sure she had her binky every minute or so at first and then lengthen it out and really within the week she was going to sleep on her own and doing much better at staying asleep! good luck!

Unknown said...

The night thing is a hard one! We couldn't let Aaron scream through the night either, but if you are looking for advice, I got to the point when I knew if he was just kind of yelping in the night and when he needed reassurance. Once I figured that out, when he needed reassurance, we would go in and rub his back before he woke up too soon and he would usually go right back to sleep. Sometimes it was teething and there was NO WAY I was going to let him cry that out. Pain is pain. Good luck with Josh! I think he was mentioned in the paper here in Terre Haute Indiana! It was pretty cool.

Mindy said...

Those turned out so adorable! How did Josh's race go (I was about to call him Matt just then, strange)? What will happen with your house while you are in Utah for the summer?

Jenna said...

Wow - I needed that update. Our best wishes with Josh. I am excited for you getting to spend the summer in Utah - what a treat. And I LOVE your family pictures too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you guys are spending the summer here. The # of Mac's has dwindled. See you soon! Chris McAdams

The Lockhart's said...

oh, you guys are so cute! I love the family pics.