Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mac Vs. PC




I've been using a MacBook lately b/c that's what I have for work. Can I just say that I am not impressed. I've used one before (when I was doing student teaching) and I just think they are stupid. Granted, I am more used to PC's... but that aside I still feel like a PC is a better option, more straight forward, if you are using it for your normal everyday computer needs. I am convinced that the reason people think Mac's are so cool is because they like the feel and sound of them as they type on the key board, and they like the white, that is their signature color... also, the little icons that line up on the bottom are a little more aesthetically pleasing. Not to mention the fact that "PC " from the commercials is a much more likable, approachable guy; unlike the arrogant, annoying "Mac". Lets be honest though, PC's (or "normal computers" as we call them) are just the better option!

5 comments:

Kachelle said...

so i don't get the cockroach joke. am i missing something?

Anonymous said...

I must disagree with you. After having a PC for many a year and having to work out all the problems on my parents' computer, my Mac's system is working as smooth as ever, and why, because the Mac doesn't download and install every random bit of useless and system aggravating data. Not a single problem or hiding file (although if it's hiding, I understand i wouldn't know about it).

Bonnie said...

Hey! Are you guys still planning to move to Tennesse some time? We are kind of thinking about moving to TN this Spring for a temporary job, it would just be 2-3 years. Where in TN would you move to? We would move to Oak Ridge, which is right by Knoxville on the Eastern side. That would be kind of random if we both moved there, but maybe we could get together some time I don't know the distances or anything. Oh and I do agree about the computer thing, I do prefer PC's, but the Mac guy is so much cooler in the comercials.

Amy said...

Amen! I have to use a mac at work and I'm not enjoying it one bit!

Koi said...

I've only ever worked on PC's, but Jarred is constantly singing the praises of Macs. He says they run Microsoft's software better than their own computers do. He also just plain hates Microsoft. Every time they come out with new software it never is compatible with PCs and they don't care. Neither do I.