Thursday, August 16, 2007

Squash...

I'm staying at my parents house right now. We had to be out of our last apartment by Aug. 15 but can't move into our new one until Sep. 1 . I really love the neighborhood that I grew up in. I drove around the it tonight to see what had changed. On my little spin I found this little stand set up just out side "the fence" Since squash is one of my all time favorites I took advantage of this opportunity. I took a zuchinie and a summer squash.

I love this recipie, containing summer squash. It's from my mom... I don't know where it came from?
Green Chilie Enchiladas
1 doz. corn tortillas
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can green chilies
3 summer squash
2-3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Cook the squash lightly & sprinkle with S&P. Add soup & chilies & heat to a boil. Put a little soup in the bottom of a glas baking dish. Alternate layers of tortillas, soup & cheese. Cook 30-35 min. at 350.

1 comments:

Jami said...

Hey Whit-- I love squash too! Thanks for the recipe. :)