Monday, October 23, 2006

Second!!!


The state cross country meet was a few days ago. My little runners came in second! We were way excited to be second, we knew that the first place team would be WAY tough to beat... but when the announcer read off the results and announced that we were 30 pts ahead of the 3rd place team and only 4 points away from the 1st place team (mountain crest) we didn't know what to think!!! We were soo close, so happy to be so close to a great team but so sad to loose by 4 measley points! (this photo is of our top three gals: Sam in front; 6th place overall, Steph in the middle; 5th place overall and Amelia in back; 11th place overall) I was so proud of them!

3 comments:

Jami said...

Hey congrats! I want to talk to you about it one of these days :)

julie said...

Hi Whitney! I was there at the meet. Kelsey ran for the 5A's. Davis came in second. They were hoping for first also....Congrats! 2nd is awesome too!! This is Jami's mom.

Anonymous said...

Hey Whit! congratulations! This is the first time I've looked at your blog, and it's really cute! I guess everythings going good so I just want to congratulate you again!