Sunday, May 06, 2012

Time is winding down

We only have 2 more weeks here in Memphis... I'm having mixed feelings about it!  I am for sure excited for Josh to be done with school, excited for us to finally be making some $, although there are a lot of things I won't miss about Memphis, there are many things I will miss.  These last few weeks we have been trying to hit up some favorite places before we head out.

Gus's Fried chicken is one of our favorites.  (We like the collierville location)  the fried chicken is just SOOO good!  the fried green tomatoes and chess pie are also pretty good... and it is cheap too!


 Mill is a little southern girl.  We realized when we got there that they use peanut oil to fry their chicken... Mill is allergic to peanuts.  Peanut oil is SUPPOSED to be free of the peanut allergen.  (Mill is NOT deathly allergic).  Josh is very daring when it comes to allergies (as you will see in a coming post) so we let Mill try the chicken (my epi-pen was on the ready) and luckily she was fine :)
 We also went to collierville town square.  It is a little block of cute little shops, a soda fountain, a old historical cabin, and also a train that you can climb on and tour.  Logans favorite was eating the rocks.  He was very persistent on his attempts to get them in his mouth.

6 comments:

Jami said...

Oh no! Maybe I need to hurry and catch a flight out! I can't believe I may have missed my chance to visit you guys out there!

Christiansen Clan said...

Wow! I can't believe you all are almost done! Congrats!

Jenna said...

so where are you going next?

Gina and Jon said...

Your little guy is totally cute! Yeah for being done with school, where to next?

Shelly Moon said...

So fun to see your family, and cute pics! Wow, I didn't know you were done with Memphis! Maybe you already posted where you are moving to, but I didn't hear. Curious as to where you are moving!!
So cute you have a boy and a girl. Logan is already so big! I loved seeing all the fun places you have been going to, I need to be daring and try fried chicken!!

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

Fast ship blackhawk jersey As Advertised. Well packaged black-hawks-jersey.com.