Saturday, November 12, 2011

Teddy Bear Picinic Birthday

Our Silly-Mill Turned 3!!! Can't believe she's getting so big! We had a 'Teddy Bear Picnic Party' for her and it ended up being really fun (and also fun to plan and prep!) M. was soo excited to have a birthday party and to have all her friends come!



invites


I've really been wanting to try out fondant but have been a scaredy cat. so, I decided it was now or never!!! It was actually pretty easy and fun! I made the bees out of fondant and then covered the cake in fondant too. Soo fun! I want to do another!




We had everyone bring their teddy bear- we decorated party hats for their bears, played Teddy-Teddy-Bear (like duck duck goose), Read the "Teddy Bear Picnic" story, had a Picnic with: Teddy Bear shaped sandwiches, Strawberries, teddy grahm snack mix (rasins, mallows, yogurt pretzils, and teddy grahm's) and of course did alot of jumping on the tramp.




We handed out Honey Bears, and gummy bears as our "party favors" (millie is obsessed with honey!)


Happy Birthday Little Mill!

8 comments:

tracy hill said...

SOOO CUTE WHIT!!!! the cake looks so amazing! it looks so soft and smooth! ha i wish i had been there, happy birthday millie!!!

Kate said...

Wow what a cute idea! Looks fun. Great job on that cake. Post some more pics of you little guy. (Congrats, by the way--I don't think I ever sent that when he was born.)

KellySummer said...

seriously, i am so impressed. how am i related to all of you crafty creative people? i'm not really sure. that is adorable. the whole thing. i love the food themes and the cake and all of it.

Jenna said...

Millie is so lucky to have the best & most tastefully crafty-est Mom in the world! Can't believe she's 3 either!

carin t said...

I am amazed (and jealous) of your awesomeness! Too cute!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Millie! Such a cute party! I've been wanting to try fondant forever but it makes me nervous, maybe you've given me the courage to try it! Everything looks adorable!

Michelle and Andy said...

Wow, what a cute birthday party! I love it and may have to copy you one of these days. :) I love the cake! I've been wanting to try fondant, too--I'm glad it worked well for you! It looks amazing. Happy Birthday Millie!

Kachelle said...

I want you to be in charge of all my family's birthday parties! And I'm super excited about your up coming move!!!!! You'll only be 2.5 hours away from me! Brace yourself... I'm gonna come and visit!