Tuesday, April 05, 2011

California

Last week we took a little trip to N. California. Josh had a race at Stanford so Millie and I bummed along.




This was his first steeple of the season. He did take a little fall, but was fine & still ended up winning! (I can never get clear shots of him while running, so you get to see the starting line line-up.

I had a hard time keeping an eye on the race and an eye on Millie (I really need one of those kid leashes) Above is her pullin some "grumpy faces" because she didn't want to watch the "running race" she wanted to go to the "Man Village"
We went out to Santa Cruz for several hours. The drive out there was georgous-- it's so nice to be out of the city and on the relaxing coast. Mill literally had the time of her life!!! The day was pretty cold so we didn't bring her swim suit but she loved running from the waves and of course ended up gettin soaked- we took off layer by layer, and she ended up like this.

Yes, those are boys underwear. ha ha. I let her chose her first pair of undies, I figured they all do the same job when it comes down to it. (but really, they need to put girls and boys undies in different places so we don't have this problem)



One of the beautiful spots on the drive out to Santa Cruz



We also spent a day in San Fran. Although I could never live in San fran, I really love it there! We walked around the piers and had a good time. We loved the candy shop (I love salt water taffy, Mill does too, but Josh doesn't care for it.)


Of course I have to talk about food right? It really just sets the mood to sit at Fishermans Warf and eat some warm clam chowder served in sour dough bread bowl (although still not as good as market street grill's- in SLC)


Chasing Pigeons was also a blast!



Merry-go-round at pier 35 (this little girl got to be really spoiled this day)



oh yeah, and I'm pregnant! 22 weeks and it's a boy! We're SO excited and feel very blessed to finally have another one healthily on the way :)

31 comments:

Elena said...

congratulations, Whitney! you looks great like always!

Rohatinskys said...

Whitney, I have been dying to know what you guys are having. Ever since Josh told Spank about a month ago, I have checked your blog faithfully hoping to hear. =) Congratulations, that is so exciting. As always, you look amazing! Is Millie potty trained? Your trip looked like a blast.

The Sullengers said...

Congrats on Josh winning and your pregnancy! How exciting to have a little boy - they are so much fun!

Lant Family said...

Congratulaations! How exciting to be having another baby. Boys are fun!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! You look great! I was kind of afraid of having a boy, but I love it, boys are so much fun! How exciting! And what a fun trip!

R and A Lambert said...

What a fun trip!

Congrats to you guys! Hope everything is going well for you!

Rachel Hubbard said...

That is so wonderful! You look so stinkin' good! I hope the rest finishes out smoothly for you! Think of you often.

Mindy said...

Oh, by the way!? Hahaha! You look lovely, my dear! And of course Josh won even while falling. AND: the boy underwear thing is pretty much the best thing ever! Haha! :)

allegra said...

Congrats Whitney! You look darling. Boys are so much fun. And, from my experience, they're easier babies:) Max was the most chill little baby ever. Millie is so dang cute. I love her white-blond hair (darling!), and boy fashion sense, ha ha. what a hoot. she is too cute.

Strong Clan said...

I knew you were pregnant again for some reason. I even told Will. I am so happy for you guys.
Tell Josh hello and congrats on his race.
Love and Prayers always!
~Tiffany Strong

Melanie said...

Yeay...a boy, a boy, a boy! How fun. You look great.

I can not believe Josh took a fall and STILL WON! Holy cow. How does he do it.

By the way, I am a bit jealous. Your trip sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new pregnancy. (I guess it's not new anymore...) :)

You look just marvelous!

We Are Family! said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina and Jon said...

COngrats! Yeah for a little boy! You look super cute by the way. Fun trip to Cali, I agree I love to visit there but would not like living there!

Jayna said...

Congrats to you guys, hope you are feeling okay!

The Bybees said...

Congrats! That's awesome. It looks like you had a ton of fun in California.

KellySummer said...

hahaha, what on earth is the "man village"? It sounds like something out of willow.

meghannamarie said...

Whitney, I love your posts! You look fantastic and I am really excited about the baby. Mil is soo funny and of course cute I love all the pictures of her! I love the fact that she wanted to go to the "man village". what is that? I also Laughed so hard when I saw the undies. I have been thinking the same thing only refering to our adult ones, do you think they look down on that? Congrats to Josh on his first run of the season! Good luck for the rest of the season! Let us know if you need anything!

Kara said...

oh my goodness, how did I not know you are pregnant? How exciting! Congrats girl, you are looking great {Maybe its because you hide it so well!)

Sarah said...

Yay Whitney, Congratulations...what a nice surprise at the end of a great post!!!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! You will love having a boy! Looks like you guys had fun in Cali!

carin t said...

You are sneaky... Exciting! I'm sure your parents are as thrilled as you are! Can't wait to see what your boy looks like since Millie is so cute! And at least you can hand the underwear down to the little brother ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations!! Little boys are so much fun!!

Kate said...

Wow! Great news, congratulations. Looks like you had a really fun trip too. Thanks for the update.

Kachelle said...

whahoo! congrats on the boy, they're so much fun! and i totally agree about the underware. k wanted the cars undees but my hubby said NO! on the flip side, d wanted the girl underware when it was his turn to pick. lol

Leslie said...

Congrats Whit! Yes I must say boys are fun! I love this post; so fun to see what you are up to!

mynotesall said...

Beautiful family, nice blog.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy Crapulations! Yay!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, so exciting!!

I love all your little craft ideas with Millie, I'm definitely going to try some of them. I know Matthew would love the nature walk one.