Monday, June 08, 2009

Pre. Results

Josh did well yesterday, no PR, but he was 3rd overall (beat by a Kenyan and an Ethiopian), and was the first American (all the good guys were there, by good, I mean all the guys with the olympic A standard, so that makes it especially good for him that he won!) Nice Job Josh! He ran a 8:26, which is his best time of the season. He's happy to have been the first american but also a little dissapointed because he felt so great and wished that he'd have run faster... well, he'll just have to channel that frustration for his next race. His next race is June 25 and 27- the U.S.A. championships in Eugene Oregon. At this race he will be competing for a spot on the World Track and Field team (which travels to Berlin in August to compete) I'll keep you updated on his commings and goings in the race world :)

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Good Work Josh! Look forward to hearing more good results from the USA championships. So do you get to go to Berlin?

By the way - your baby item list was very helpful! Still open for suggestions

Lara said...

AMAZING! I'm sad I didn't get to see it. My dad was wondering if you can find a stream of the race on-line anywhere.

Rohatinsky Family said...

Nice work! Good luck getting ready for USA's...only a few more weeks. My Josh races on the 25th too, so we'll have to get together some time while we are there. Maybe dinner one night? (I think we get there around the 23rd or so.)

Mindy said...

You're hubby is amazing! P.s. When in ... Memphis (that's where you were, right?) does he have to train ALONE? I don't know how he does it!!

meghannamarie said...

Great Job! We couldn't find it here...not to hard to do considering we don't have cable, anyway Good luck in Oregon!

Unknown said...

I love it! Keep sharing it's so fun! Your life is so awesome to "read." Are you still in Provo, if you are say HELLO to your family. I miss the mountain air. We went for a "hike" here and Aaron said out of the blue,"mom, I miss the mountains" I am sure that I have said that a time or two, but when my son said it, it made me miss the Rocky Mountains more!

Jon and Shiloh said...

WOW-That is incredible! Good luck to your Hub in his next race!! Kick some bootie!!!

Brittany and Marcin said...

We loved it and thought he looked great!

Buddy said...

Well done Josh and good luck in Eugene...oh and your sporting some pretty wicked leg muscles in those pics.