Sunday, September 08, 2013

Lake Powell

Josh sister has a house boat time share on lake powell.  Over labor day weekend we had a family reunion of sorts at lake powell.  So pretty out there! Lake powell is actually where Josh and I got to know each other back in the day... We had a super fun time- especially my kids, they thought it was the best thing that ever happened to them (but it did make me nervous to have them around so much water). Logan keeps asking me "where did lake powell go?"
 
  I have to admit that I am super nervous when I am in deep lakes/water. I have a terrible fear of sharks and things and I am so nervous that somehow a shark is going to appear and eat me. it really is rediculous how nervous this makes me.   I tried to put on some goggles and look down in the water (because I want to graduate to an open water triathalon) but i freaked out after less than a second!Luckily my children had no such fear.  They had no problem swimming out in the middle of the lake or any such thing.

 
Josh and I were doing a little cliff jumping and logan was in the boat with the others. I could hear him crying (he often gets upset when he sees us and thinks he can't access us) so I hurried and jumped down and swam over to the boat only to find he wasn't upset because he wanted us, he was upset because he wanted to jump off the cliff too! haha. I thought he might chicken out when he got up there, but nope. 
 
the first day we got out on the lake, Millie went out for a boat ride with her uncle and a bunch of the boys.  I looked off the top of the house boat a while later and saw millie jumping off cliffs across the way!  My children are to brave for their own good.  Apparently Millie was the first one to jump off too.




 Logan LOVES snorkle goggles.  He loves to stick his face down in the water and hold his breathe for a few seconds and "swim like a big boy"
 
 Logan and Uncle andy caught this catfish, but logan was a little to nervous about the squirming fish to pose with it in a photo.

We had a good little beach that we parked the house boat on, and a ton of sand toys.  They had alot of fun burrying each other, making spa's, rivers, mermaid tails, dragons etc.


 
There were a few (scary) storms while we were out on the lake.  we were docked by some "cliff's" that you could climb up.  When it would rain there were some really cool water falls that would come down the rocks.  In this photo, we had climbed up the cliffs to "bathe in the warm waterfall"


 haha! this picture is my favorite!!!!  It just expemplifies millie.  She always has to be doing something silly.  As soon as she noticed I was taking pictures of her she turned around and started pulling hideous faces and doing crazy poses.  Aunt christy brought a bunch of sidewalk chalk so the kids could color on the cliffs!
 
 
 There were some clams (or something) that had washed up on shore and would get stuck in the sand.  Millie noticed them and was very concerned.  she would go around each day and throw them back in the water to set them "free and in the wild"

 
Logan and millie do this thing called "digging" where they make a huge pile of pillows and blankets and then plow through them with their head.  Logan thought he could do that to this sand cliff!
 

Logan LOVES his older cousins! luckily they love him too and are so good to him.  they had a water slide on the back of the boat and everyone would try to persuade logan to go down with them. Logan was the star of the show! He does this cute new thing where he wraps his arms very tightly around 2 people's necks and says "buddies"

3 comments:

allegra said...

we moved to SC and I'm freaked out of sharks!!! It doesn't help that I was watching shark week haha. But now I'm afraid to go in the ocean. Lake Powell though, I think you're safe. You crack me up! There are fish as big as humans at the bottom of lake powell though. (or so people say. )

Jenna said...

So fun! And yeah, I am scared of the ocean - afraid if riptides & getting tumbled around by the waves. didn't even realize i this was a fear until a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天 , 后宫聊天