Next day we went to the aquarium. Mill is so brave and didn't mind petting the sting rays at all.
We ended up gettin rained out. I was sooo dissapointed because we left early and didn't do our sight seeing because, well, we couldn't see anything b/c the rain was so thick. needless to say, this is about the best pic. we got.
We were able to grab a bag of Beignets (cross between doughnut and scones, covered in tonz of powdered sugar) that New Orleans is apparently famous for.
I thought the architecutre and culture was so awesome down there! (wish I had more pictures to share) Everything was old, and bright, and cool, cajin/creole food and all that. I've always wanted to see the Bayou, so one of my fav. parts was driving into the city. The freeway goes right through the Bayou-- it's all built up on stilts. There are a few neighborhood areas built on stilts with their means of transportations being boats. So crazy! I'm sure Gators just show up on their doorstep and it's no bigger deal to them then it would be to us if we found a spider in our house. Loved the trip!
15 comments:
That looks like a ton of fun! My parents went down there a couple years ago for that. They thought it was pretty cool- as long as you stay away from the weird part of town.
Oh, and I meant to tell you the cupcake bodies are just a thick frosting and the dresser has a Ralph Lauren Glaze...
Oh Wow that looks like sooo much fun! You guys are so lucky to have these opportunities, and smart enough to take advantage of them! I love all the pictures!
How fun! Could you even stand up with the weight of the beads? The culture there seems fun!
That looks like fun! Buddy and have want to go to New Orleans before we leave Memphis for good...which means soon! Crazy! :)
awesome! what a fun thing to do! i'm always jealous of your adventure.
fishally - cute!
How cool! I keep thinking of Princess and the Frog! I'm glad it was family friendly too :) Congrats to Traci!!!!
I love detailed arch. too. I feel like it puts me back into time periods that I would love to have experienced (my husband is from S. Carolina so there is a lot history there!) I am so happy for Tracey! They look so cute together! I don't know if you know, but have you heard that I am now pregnant with a little girl? It's a huge SURPRISE! I have to admit that I am a little nervous after three boys! You all look great! Hugs!
i want to go on a fishally to new orleans and get beignets! i love that its called a "fishally". haha :)
I'm a little worried about all those beads you have. Now tell the truth, how did you get them?(smirk smirk)
So fun! I've always wanted to go down there, what a fun trip!
Is it sad that I only know what beignets are because of Diney's move "The Princess and the Frog"? Anyway, I've never tasted one, but it sounds delicious. Mill is getting so big and she's so cute! It looks like you guys are having a ton of fun down south.
Do you remember the beads and stories about N'orlins from the Brown's in Iowa City? They gave us lots of beads and coins from several visits.
Wow, Whit. Look at all those beads. And I KNOW how you get beads at Mardi Gras ... :)
I love Café du Monde. And I love their beignets I miss N.O. sometimes. I'm glad you gotta go. Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment